Digital Signage Software
Why Digital Signage Software?
Digital signage software turns any computer monitor or TV screen into a dynamic, colourful digital sign to get your message out. Digital signage software is used in airports, hotels, shopping malls, restaurants, universities, libraries, billboards, and even on the sides of buildings.
Uses for Digital Signage Software
- live auction updates (DataPoint)
- airport flight information
- queue management (CounterPoint)
- TV news broadcasts
- menu boards in restaurants and coffee shops
- news and weather updates in coffee shops
- automatically updating PowerPoint presentations with the latest data (DataPoint)
- sports scores in pubs
- data collection – collect news, weather, stock quotes, Google calendar and replicate databases. (NewsPoint)
- PowerPoint screen savers (MessagePoint)
- Clocks and countdowns (Dynamic ELEMENTS)
- use Outlook as a content management system (OutlookPoint)
- scheduling slides (PlanPoint)
- auto-start for PowerPoint presentations (ShowPoint)
- news banners (TickerPoint)
Choosing the Best Digital Signage Software
1. Software that runs on your computer
2. Software that runs on specialized proprietary hardware
Of the two options, we recommend Windows-based digital signage software that runs on your computer. Our reasons?
- Custom hardware/software combination systems are very expensive up front
- You are reliant on the original company to provide any updates
- The interface is often clunky and dated
If you work with a Windows system, you have the following benefits:
- Lower hardware costs – you can purchase standard computer equipment that has a resale value when you upgrade later
- More software choices – you can use software from multiple vendors over time if you prefer
Check out a free trial of our windows based digital signage software here. Our software works with PowerPoint – a tool you already know how to use.
Read some more interesting articles from our blog: