What is dynamic digital signage?
A dictionary defines “dynamic” as a process or system characterized by constant change, activity, or progress. So, unlike traditional signage, digital signage is dynamic. It can be changing as often as you like with regularly updating activity.
Dynamic Digital Signage Uses
- Advertising: Instead of showing a single advertisement for a single product or brand, dynamic digital signage can show a series of ads for a wide range of products, services and upcoming events. You can even schedule advertising to show different ads based on time of day (seniors advertising in the morning, youth after school), time of year (warmer clothing in the winter, swimsuits in the summer) and upcoming holidays like Mother’s Day, Halloween or Christmas.
- Live Data Feeds: You can update your digital signage in real time from a central location. So your dynamic digital signage can show updating prices, stock availability, reports, notice boards and more.
- Updating News, Weather and Sports: You can show automatically updating news, weather and sports on your signage to keep your clients up to date and entertained. This is great for waiting rooms, coffee shops, hotel lobbies, customer lineups and other places where people need to wait.
- Event Countdowns: Want to create excitement for your upcoming event? Add a countdown timer to your digital signage – just like Times Square at New Year’s Eve.
How To Create Dynamic Digital Signage
Here are some software tools you can use to create dynamic digital signage:
- PowerPoint: PowerPoint is an excellent choice for digital signage software because it lets you turn any computer (or compute stick) and monitor or TV into digital signage instead of purchasing expensive proprietary hardware, In addition, PowerPoint it is easy to use, already available to most offices and has a number of digital signage software add-ons.
- iPoint: iPoint is digital signage player software you can use to create playlists of advertising, graphics, PowerPoint presentations, videos, audio and other media for your dynamic digital signage.
- DataPoint: DataPoint is a PowerPoint add-on that lets you connect your digital signage to common data sources like databases, XML files, RSS feeds, Facebook info, Google Calendar, Google Sheets, Excel, CSV, JSON, oData, Microsoft SharePoint, OLE DB, ODBC, Microsoft SQL and MySQL. This lets you create digital signage that automatically updates as your information updates. You can use this for event updates, digital menu boards and much more.
- Dynamic Elements: You can use Dynamic Elements to add news, pictures, weather, music, RSS feeds, clocks and timers to your PowerPoint digital signage or to create video walls where you display your slideshow over multiple displays.
Need help with planning your digital signage? Contact us and we would be happy to offer a free initial consultation.
Read some more interesting articles from our blog: